Friday, September 5, 2014

First Day of School - San Mateo

The First Day of School In San Mateo!

It was a very exciting and busy day for all the children at the San Mateo campus. From our arrival in the morning carpool to the end of the day, each environment had a lot of activities and lessons!

We arrive in the morning and get dropped off right at the school gate.
This is my first day in the Nido. I was exploring the material by myself.
We have comfortable and clean areas to spend time exploring and developing our bodies and our minds. There is so much for me to touch and engage with, and some of the material is fascinating!
 In the Infant Community, our guide gives us one-on-one lessons.
I am learning how to string beads. The repetition of movement helps me develop many important fine-motor skills.
It's fall outside and apples are ripening on trees. Here in IC, we have a little tree for me to hang apples on the branches. It takes concentration to make sure the strings go over the branches.
Using a chalkboard helps me learn the feeling of making shapes against a surface with just the right amount of friction.
I am stringing beads.
Me too!
We have a sewing basket and I am learning to use the materials with my guide's help.
I love cutting real carrots with a special tool.
I am learning how to change my own shoes.
We are getting ready to go outside. Everything we need is at just the right height so I can manage by myself.
We are eating together and learning appropriate manners. I am feeding myself.
We are cleaning up from lunch together and learning to cooperate with everything that needs to be done.

In the Children's House, we are learning each others' names.
 I am bringing my belongings to my own box in the classroom.
I like the job of preparing snack.
I am bringing the berries to the snack counter.
On my first day of school, learning to button and unbutton clothing.
Here, I am preparing a snack of banana.

We are practicing math using the bead material.
We gather at different time to talk about what is happening.
It is good to eat lunch together with my friends.
 Elementary Community morning exercises before coming to the class!
The EC morning meeting is an important part of making sure our day is successful.
We are taking notes as we discuss lessons and ideas together.
We are learning all about rules and procedures for the EC environment.
 Chinese lessons in EC.
 Chinese lessons in EC.
 Japanese lessons in EC.
Working with our teacher.


No comments:

Post a Comment